This is one of my first recipes in my blog, I will start with a delicius Spanish salad!
- 1 lb fennel bulbs, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb oranges
- 1 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olives, the kind you like ( whole, pitted, green, black, filled, sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, whole leaves
- Toss in bowl fennel with olive oil.
- Broil fennel in the oven until borders turn brown (about 15 minutes)
- Peel or cut away the orange rind, leaving as little pith as possible. Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a medium bowl combine oranges, onion, olives and chopped mint.
- Toss gently adjusting salt and pepper.
- Place fennel on a serving dish, adjust oranges mix on the fennel and finish decorating with the mint leaves.