Apple and Walnut Muffins
Today I would like to offer you an other apple recipe. I’m sure your kids will love it!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups apples, diced ( 1/4 inch cubes)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 24 halved walnuts (optional)
- In a big bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl combine wet ingredients.
- Poor wet ingredients onto dry ones and mix until incorporated.
- Add fruits mix and fold under batter.
- In a third bowl combine the ingredients for the streusel topping by hand. When your crumbs have reached the desired size (the longer you mix, the smaller the crumbs).
- Pour mixture into muffin molds, sprinkle streusel topping over the muffins batter. Decorate with halved walnuts.
- Bake at 350°F/180°C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and serve.