Champiñones al Ajillo is popular Spanish tapas served any Tapas Bar. I prepared this with smoked paprika (Pimenton de la Vera) and I found this variation the best. I you don’t have you can prepare it with common paprika as well!
Enjoy this dish with a glass of wine and some crusty fresh bread.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb medium mushrooms, wiped clean, sliced or quartered
- 4 -6 garlic cloves chopped or sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (Pimentón de la Vera)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- lemon slices or fresh parsley to garnish
- Prepare all your ingredients as you will not have time during cooking!
- Heat the olive in a not sticky frying pan oil.
- Add mushrooms and fry for two minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Now add lemon juice, sherry, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Cook for other 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat add salt to taste, stir through the parsley and serve garnished with lemon slices or parsley leaves.