Persian Style Carrot Salad
- 2 cups apples, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Prepare the apples and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent oxidation. They will change their color, but you can reduce this adding the lemon juice as soon as possible.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Check the taste and if necessary adjust it adding more lemon juice, but don’t add salt as this will soak water.
- Refrigerate at least one hour (better 2-4 hours) as this will improve the flavor.
- Serve and enjoy.
Related link: It’s apple picking season