- 1 pastry dough, disk ( I used light puff pastry of about 8 ounces)
- 10 ounces broccoli florets, blanched ( I keep the stem as well)
- 1/2 onions, chopped (optional)
- 150 smoked salmon, sliced
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbs ( I used herbes de Provence spices, variant 1 tablespooon fresh dill)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Line pie mold with puff pastry.
- Distribute onion and broccoli over puff pastry.
- Place salmon between broccoli.
- In a bowl stir together eggs, salt and pepper, and flour.
- Add brandy and stir until incorporate.
- Repeat with milk and herbs.
- Pour the mixture over broccoli and salmon.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until border are browned.
- You can serve this immediately hot, or lukewarm or cold in small pieces as appetizer.4