Don’t be afraid form this long list of ingredients for this sauce. It’s easy and it’s the best salmon pasta I tried.
It’s a real rich recipe and it’s full of taste. I love the harmony of the lemon zest with all the other ingredients.
The most important tip is: prepare all you ingredients in advance as the sauce needs only about 8-10 minutes. Be ready to start!
- 500 g egg noodles (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (more if you like)
- 200 g smoked salmon, cut into 2-cm pieces (6-7 ounces; 1 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 4 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons parsley, roughly chopped
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Bring salted water to boil.
- Prepare all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Add pasta to the water and check the necessary time until done. Don’t forget to drain when ready and add a tablespoon olive oil to prevent sticking if you the sauce is not ready.
- In the meanwhile you should have the time to prepare the sauce. Sauté onions and garlic in non-sticky skillet for one minute at medium- high heat.
- Add mushrooms and continue to sauté until mushrooms begins to be tender; about 3-5 minutes.
- Add wine and heavy cream and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add salmon, lemon juice, lemon zest, capers and parsley. Bring to simmer again.
- Immediately season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Stir once again.
- Add parmesan and toss shortly.
- Serve immediately on hot pasta in a big bowl with the noodles or on serving plates over the pasta.