Finally its warmer here and a chilled soup is a great thread for this season especially if you have a lot of zucchini on hand.
This is a delicious, filling and at the same time light soup. You can serve this with fresh bread to make a full meal (serves 4 peoples) or you can prepare smaller portions and serve it as starter.
I saw a similar soup in the internet and looking at the ingredients I have I changed it so much, that a completely new recipe has born. This is another recipe I’m glad to share (feel free to adapt it as you wish as I did) and keep for safe for our family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, dices
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled chopped
- zucchini, diced
- 3 cups broth (vegetal, beef or chicken)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili, thinly sliced ( I used one peperoncino)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro, ground
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- 300 -500 g salmon fillets
- 1 lemon juice, only (alternative 1 lime juice)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- Soup: In a big pot heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic and ginger until onion are translucent. Add all the other ingredients (except pepperoncino) and bring to boil. Blend the soup using a hand blender. Add pepperoncino and salt if necessary. Set aside to cool down (this takes 4-6 hours you can do this overnight).
- Fish: Dice the fish into 1 1/2 cm small cubes. Cook the fish for 30 minutes in at low temperature (80-85°C) alternatively steam the fish. Add the other ingredients and set aside to marinate and cool down in the fridge. Let sit for at least 2 hours.
- Yogurt sauce: Combine all the ingredients and set aside in the fridge.
- Assembling: Add soups to single dishes, spoon yogurt sauce on it and top with salmon cubes. Decorate with fresh cilantro if you wish.