This is a delicious salad I got from an Australian friend. We prepared this together following the recipe: http://cheese.food.com/recipe/watermelon-feta-and-black-olive-salad-62318.
The taste of this salad is so amazing that I had to prepare this for my family as well.
I believe that the crucial point is the combination of watermelon, mint and lime juice. Feta cheese and olives give to the salad the salted touch necessary to be a “salad” and enhance the flavors.
Please, don’t add salt as this would soak the watermelon juice!
- 750 g watermelon, peel removed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon mild onion, cut into thin half rings
- 200 g feta cheese, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1/2 cup olives, any kind
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 – 4 tablespoons limes juice
- 2 – 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange the watermelon slices on a big serving dish.
- Add onions, feta and olives.
- Top with herbs and pepper.
- Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil.
- Serve this beautiful salad with a big smile