Salmon in Puff Pastry Baskets
“For this recipe you will not need a lot of ingredients and you can offer these pretty appetizers for your guest. I prepared basket of the size of 5 cm (cut 7 cm squares). The quantity of the baskets depends on the size you prefer.”
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 5 tablespoons fresh cheese (caillé) with herbs ( I use a light version)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dill, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ( to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 150 g smoked salmon, sliced
- fresh dill, for decoration
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Prepare the basked as shown in Puff Pastry Baskets Tutorial.
- Brush with milk and cook in preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for about 25 minutes or until golden. Cool down.
- In the meantime combine all the ingredients for the filling. Season to taste.
- With a teaspoon fill the baskets, top with salmon, fresh dill and pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator before serving.