Summer mezes fits perfect with these easy crackers. As topping I used sesame seeds, red chili flakes and fresh rosemary, but there is no reason not to try different ones; for example, sea salt, more cheese caraway, oregano, and … whatever you like!
- 200 g flour (1 1/2 cup)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (or more if necessary), I used Greek yogurt
- 100 g cheddar cheese, finely grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Chili, to taste (or hot paprika)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- I really simply combined all the ingredients and used the food processor until the dough came together. Add little more tablespoon yogurt if necessary.
- Take the dough (I made it in two portions) and roll it until you get a long snake about 3 cm thick.
- Make 3 millimeter thick slices and place them on the baking tray prepared with baking paper (this quantity makes two trays) , let 2 cm space between each piece (total about 50 pieces).
- Add toppings and press them in the dough with the back of tablespoon. This will make the pieces bigger and thinner (about 2 mm thick).
- Bake at 220°C / 425°F for about 15-20 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Tranfer immediately on a wire rack to dry and cool down.
- If they are not dry enough place them shortly in the still lukewarm oven.