Marinated in an assortment a bouquet of savory spices, this kebab recipe is so simple and convenient as you can prepare this the day before and refrigerate so you can take it out to grill or broil a mere minutes before dinner time. Serve them with rice, with pita bread and you have a light and delicious meal. This recipe gives about 8 skewers as shown in the picture.
- Metal skewers or soaked wooden skewers (optional)
- 1/2 kg chicken, boneless, skinless and cubed
- 1/2 kg zucchini, cubed or sliced
- 1 cup peppers, seed and cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoons ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, lightly hot
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 lemon juice (or 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetal oil
- Prepare the marinade combining in a bowl all the ingredients.
- Place chicken in the bowl and toss until well coated.
- Let rest for at least 1 hour or in the fridge overnight (tightly closed).
- Just before cooking add vegetables and toss all together.
- Prepare skewers or distribute chicken and vegetable in a layer on a big baking tray.
- Cook on a BBC or directly under the broiler until though.