You’re having a party or do you want to bring some appetizers if you are invited and you want to serves something at holiday tables? Here you can find something that all will love!
I created this recipe one day that we had too much fresh cheese that needed to be used.
The preparation need only 10-15 minutes and the cheese balls resulted cute and delicious. They are easy to cook (simply place them in the oven) and as they are not fried they will not soak oil!
You can place them in a pretty bowl and serve warm or at room temperature.
- 250 g fresh cheese or feta
- 1/2 cup mixed aromatic herbs, finely chopped ( for example mint, oregano, dill or you can also use just one herb)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup potatoes, flakes ( for puree)
- salt, to taste ( if using unsalted cheese)
- pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon wine, if necessary ( if your cheese is to dry)
- sesame seeds, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Place cheese in a bowl and mash with a fork until finely crumbled.
- Add all the other ingredients except sesame seeds and mix well all together with a fork.
- With your hands walnut sized bowls.
- Coat with sesame seeds and place on a prepared baking sheet (I used baking foil).
- Bake at180°C/350°F for about 15-20 minutes until light browned.