Fresh artichokes would be the best choice for this dish, but with canned artichokes it works as well and it is really very fast to prepare.
Serve this as tapas, over pasta or as side dish, but don’t forget to use a lot of fresh herbs like thyme, marjoram, savory or oregano.
If have fresh artichokes, you should trim and clean before and place them in a bowl with water and little lemon juice.
Arrange and serve still warm or at room temperature on a plate for serving.
o 2 tablespoon olive oil
o 5 garlic cloves, minced
o 300 g fresh baby artichokes or 300 g canned artichoke hearts
o 300 g fresh tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
o Chili flakes, to taste
o 1/2 cup white wine
o salt and pepper to taste
o 3 tablespoon fresh herbs, as thyme, marjoram, savory or oregano.
- First of all prepare all your ingredients including the artichokes.
- In a large skillet heat the oil and fry garlic until fragrant.
- If using fresh artichokes add them to the skilled with the water, cover and simmer until tender. If using canned fry them 2 minutes with the garlic.
- Add tomatoes, chili flakes and wine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add herbs, stir ones and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Arrange on a plate or simply serve them on pasta