What kind of muffin could I make with cherries? Chocolate ones!
These are my last creation, they are ready now and I know that in a few minutes some will be gone; yes, after a long day in school I know that somebody will appreciate them very much.
The decoration is only optional, but it’s so easy and pretty that I really recommend you to try.
o 2 cup fresh cherries, washed and pitted
o 2 cups all-purpose flour
o 1/2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
o 2 tablespoon cacao
o 1/4 cup brown sugar
o 1/4 cup granulated sugar
o 2 teaspoons baking powder
o 1/4 teaspoon salt
o 3/4 cup milk 1/3 cup vegetable oil
o 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F. Grease 20 muffins (6 cm/2.5 inches) cups, or line with paper liners. Tip: if you use silicon molds you don’t need to grease them
- In large bowl, combine flour, cacao, chocolate brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in cherries.
- In small bowl, combine milk, oil, and egg until well blended.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter (or better use an ice-cream scooper) into prepared muffin cups until almost full.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until muffins are through (tooth stick test).
- Cool down for at least 20 minutes.
Optional for decoration: dip cherries into melted chocolate and adjust on muffins.