Salmon Rolls with Wasabi Peanuts
Salmon fits perfect with horseradish and I could imagine that with wasabi this would make a perfect combination,
I used wasabi peanuts, peanuts core with a green wasabi coat. Really? Not exactly: on the description of the wasabi peanuts we can read….horseradish, mustard extract and wasabi. It’s O.K. for me, I like all of them and I like the combination. In addition the green color would make a cute addition to this light and fresh dish.
o 2 zucchini
o 200 g cream cheese with herbs, or to taste
o 100 to 150 g smoked salmon, sliced
o 100 g wasabi peanuts
- Wash and make thin zucchini slices. I used a vegetable peeler, but a cheese slices would be great as well.
- If necessary place zucchini slices in light salted water for two minutes to turn pliable. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Place zucchini slices on a clean surface and spread on them some cream cheese.
- Cut the salmon in adequate slices and place it at the end of the zucchini slices. Let some fish “come out” in order to be visible.
- Roll gently beginning from the side with salmon. Place the rolls standing on a serving dish.
- Chop half of the wasabi peanuts and sprinkle the crumbs over the rolls.
- Use the second half for decoration.