Blackcurrant Ice-cream (no ice-cream maker machine)
The basic recipe of ice-cream no ice-cream machine recipe is not a secret: combine whipped cream with sweetened condensed milk, but I really did not expect such great results using the fruits form the garden.
This time I used blackcurrants (the red ones still need to be picked up) and I really don’t regret it, I know I will do it again and serve this ice-cream during the summer.
If you have only frozen blackcurrants that’s no problem, this makes no difference, the taste of the fruits (you can used different berries or other tasty fruits) makes the difference.
o 200 g blackcurrants
o 50 ml water
o 100 g powdered sugar
o 600 ml double cream
o 400 g (about 1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
o 1 teaspoon vanilla (extreact or powder)
- Combine blackcurrants and water in a small pot and bring it to boil.
- Blend the fruits with a hand blender.
- Rub the mixture through a fine sieve using the back of tablespoon. Discard the seeds.
- Add the powdered sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Let it cool for a while and place in the refrigerator to cool down completely.
- Whisk the cream in a big bowl up to soft peaks.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, whisk again to soft peaks.
- Pour the cream in a freezer safe container.
- Pour in the blackcurrants sauce and stir it through the mixture to cause a ripple effect.
- Freeze at least 4 hours before serving. If you freeze it overnight or more, place the container in the fridge about 1 hour before serving.