Indonesian Pineapple and Celery Salad – Selada Nanas
We tried this wonderful salad during one of our trips in Asia. As we got internet I searched for this recipe (translating the keywords in Bahasa Indonesia) and finally I found it and I’m glad to share it with all of you. It’s a light and refreshing salad that is always welcome!
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces (about 1.5 cm)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces (about 1.5 cm)
- 4 stalks celery, cut into bite sized pieces (about 1.5 cm)
- 1 red pepper, optional, cut into bite sized pieces (about 1.5 cm), optional
- 1 -2 green onions, chopped, optional
- 1 chili, chopped, quantity to taste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, peeled and grated
- 4 tablespoon light soya sauce, quantity to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, optional (I prefer without this)
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, roasted coarsely crushed ( I use to roast them myself as the taste is more authentic)
- In a big bowl combine all the vegetables.
- In a separate bowl combine all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Just before serving add the sauce to the vegetables, toss well and top with the peanuts