Watermelon Cocktails or Mocktails
Looking at the list of Pacific Northwest Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables I was surprised to find watermelons.
For this reason I will propose you for this region this cocktail, but I confess that I tried the mocktail version (no vodka but added a few mint leaves to the mixture) and I found that really as good as well.
Try this refreshing drink and enjoy the summer taste!
Yield: Makes 2 cups
Preparation time: 20 Minutes
- 2 cups seeded and cubed watermelon
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup lemonade, sparkling from the store
- Garnish with lime slices, diced watermelon or fresh mint leaves
- Prepare your water melon and process using your blender until smooth. Strain through a sieve in order to remove large particles.
- Add vodka, lemon juice and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add ice, and top with lemonade; stir gently and serve immediately