Nectarine Cake with Amaretti
This is the perfect recipe for those who love simply, rustic and tasty cakes.
My mother prepared this for us with a lot of love and we still enjoy it though the picture or we make this again.
- 3 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch
- 150 g all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- 15 amaretti cookies, crumbled
- 500 g nectarines, pitted and cut into 1 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoon sugar, for topping
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Beat until fluffy eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Fold under melted butter and Kirsch
- In a bowl combine sifted flour, sifted baking powder and two thirds of amaretti
- Fold dry mixture under the wet mixture.
- Pour mixture in a prepared (greased and dusted with flour) baking mold of 24-26 cm.
- Drop nectarines on the batter.
- Top with remaining amaretti and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden and done (toothpick test).
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.