This rustic, minimalistic but delicious recipe can be used as side dish or as base for a pumpkin soup.
We were used to prepare this in a big skillet or directly under the broiler, but this week we enjoyed it form the wooden fire; this simply placing the fire safe bowl into the wooden oven while the temperature reached almost 400°C. This was fast done, I only had to turn the mold once.
- Fresh pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- Fresh rosemary
- Garlic, optional
- Olive oil just to toss
- Really little salt just before serving
- Preheat oven at max temperature. I possible heat and boiler combined.
- Toss pumpkin with rosemary, garlic and oil.
- Place them in a mold if possible only in one layer.
- Place them in a preheated oven (at max temperature) about 10 cm under the broiler.
- Broil until upper surface begins to turn brown.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.