Shrimps and Broccoli Stir Fry
A quick and delicious Chinese dish to serve in combination of other Asian dishes.
No leftovers for sure!
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 400 g peeled and peeled and deveined shrimp (tail on if you like)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- Few drops roasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- For this dish you need a lot of finely chopped garlic
- Broccoli divided into rosettes and cut into bite size pieces.
- Defrost shrimps and absorb water with paper towel.
- Coat shrimps with flour, chili powder, pepper and salt.
- Boil broccoli in salted water for a few minutes, don’t overcook them!
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet.
- Fry garlic and ginger for 2 minutes and add shrimps before garlic begin to turn brown. Turn shrimps after to fry on the other side.
- Add dry sherry, soy sauce and a few drops sesame oil.
- Add brown sugar.
- Add broccoli when liquid is evaporated and stir gently to coat.
- Transfer to a plate and serve.