I baked this cake for our guest using the ingredients I had hand and making mayor changes from a recipe I found in the internet. This moist cake was so delicious that I decided to rewrite the recipe in order to make it again (eventually with new changes…). A real White Christmas Dream Cake!
This cake serves 12-15 persons!
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 ounces (200 g) white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup quince or apricot jelly/jam
- ¼ cup rum
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces (120 g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces (60 g) white chocolate flakes for topping, quantity to taste
- Place walnuts in a baking dish and roast them at 180°C for about 10 minutes, remove before they begin to turn dark! Remove from the oven and don’t switch off the oven.
- Combine in a pot butter and water. Bring to boil and add the chopped white chocolate.
- Remove from heat and stir until combined.
- Add yogurt, egg and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- In another bowl combine flour, sugar and sifted baking powder.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and combine using the hand blender.
- Chop roughly the walnuts and fold under the batter.
- Grease and dust with flour a baking mold of 10 inch (26-28 cm works well).
- Pour the batter and bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool down completely on a grid before removing from the mold.
- In a small bowl combine jelly/jam with the rum. I used a fork. Set aside.
- For the frosting combine the powdered sugar in a bowl, add rum and vanilla. Stir. Gradually add cream cheese until the desired consistence is reached. Set aside.
- Cut the cake into two layers.
- Spread the jam mixture over the bottom layer. Top with the second layer.
- Spread the frosting over the top of the cake and the walls.
- Drop chocolate flakes over the frosting.