I bought in a supermarket a bag of mixed roots and the colors of them inspired me to prepare my veggies in this way.
You can replace “normal” fries with this recipe adding in this way more veggies to your meal, but you can also serve them as appetizer with the suggested dipping sauce or other dip as bourguignonne sauces.
The sauces I suggest are really easy to prepare and quick made. Once again I played with color and I prepared a white, a yellow and pink sauce.
Don’t forget to season them depending on your ingredients and on the taste.
- 1 kg mixed roots as carrots, beet roots, celery roots, sweet potatoes, potatoes, parsnips
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
Suggestion of sauce based on Greek yogurt:
- 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt + 1 teaspoon hot mustard paste + horseradish paste to taste
- 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt + 1 tablespoon ketchup + 1 teaspoon tomatoes paste + Worcestershire to taste, 1 teaspoon brandy
- 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt + 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder + finely chopped parsley or better cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 230°C degrees.
- Clean, peel or scrub and cut celery root into fry size and place them in a large bowl. Add lemon juice and toss well. (I began with the first kind of veggies, added the lemon juice and tossed, then I tossed after every kind of veggies are added).
- Add olive oil and toss all together again.
- Place a non-stick cookie sheet or a parchment paper onto a baking try. Spread the veggies strips in one layer and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake turning the veggies from time to time for even browning until they are tender and golden about 30 minutes.
- In the meanwhile prepare your dipping sauces mixing the ingredients and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy with the dip sauces.