With the recent discovering of always new recipes, we have come to search for new and forget the good oldies. There is, indeed, no intrinsic reason why we should ALWAYS try new recipes and look only forward. Remembering should be given precedence over forgetting; in my case already proofed recipes should be checked again and made again. Writing down these recipes is a way to prevent forgetting about them and passing them further to my children and my friends.
For this reason, I made this curry with minor changing again and doubling the sauce. Definitely worth to make it again!
Focus in this recipe is the creamy sensual sauce that should be enjoyed with chapattis eating with the fingers!
Let me start the description of this recipe with the preparation of the ingredients because this dish is quick done. Be sure you have the chapattis ready on time as well!
Prawn in Rich Yogurt Curry Sauce
- 500 g large shrimp (big prawn, peeled, frozen or fresh)
- 2 tablespoon vegetal oil
- 1 spring onions, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 chili, hot red thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
To serve with:
- Additional Greek yogurt
- Sautee vegetables or other vegetable dish of your preference
- Wash peel and clean shrimps, set aside.
- On small plate place spring onion, shallot, cloves ginger and chives.
- In a small bowl combine tomatoes purée, lime juice, Greek yogurt, water, cornstarch, garam masala and turmeric.
- Heat oil in a frying pan add the ingredients from the small plate (spring onion…).
- Stir fry until fragrant, this takes about 4 minutes.
- Add prawn and cook stirring from time to time until they change the color on both side, this takes about 3 minutes.
- Add the content of the small bowl (tomatoes puree…) and let it cook until it begins to bubble.
- Add cilantro stir, add salt to taste.
- Serve immediately with warm chapattis and additional yogurt. Garnish with cilantro leaves.