Sometimes some ingredients seems not to be made to stay together as this happens in this recipe.
Rucola (Arugula) combined with Parmigiano is a well know and popular Italian salad, it’s easy to make, can be arranged on a plate in advance and you need only a good balsamic dressing to finish this delicious starter.
Now we add strawberries, why not? So many recipes include fruits as apples, pears, oranges, and so on. Strawberries can be easily sliced, give a sweet not too sweet touch and make contrast with the pungent taste of the rucola and Parmigiano.
You can prepare the dressing with any balsamic vinegar, you may also add a few drops of balsamic vinegar syrup if you like.
The dressing is very simply, no need to add more herbs and the main ingredients have enough character itself!
It’s spring now, enjoy this salad!
Insalatina di Rucola e Fragole al Balsamico – Arugula and Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- 200 g arugula (rucola) salad, washed
- 200 g strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 80 g parmesan cheese or 100 g grana Padano cheese, very thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange in single serving plates (or in a big bowl) arugula, strawberries and parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl combine oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper stirring with a fork. Adjust dressing to taste.
- Spoon dressing over the salad and serve immediately