White Cake Dream
Imagine a white cake, a soft and tender cake, a cake that you can decorate as you like and use it for many different celebrations simply changing its outfit; that’s is the cake you are looking for!
The filling and only a suggestion and the frosting can be changed as you like. You can add cacao powder, you can add food coloring, and you can decorate it with almond paste flowers.
Dress it and perfume it to you taste!
White Cake Dream
- 130 g butter, softened
- 350 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 270 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 60 ml milk, room temperature
- 60 ml Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla sugar or extract (or cardamom or cinnamon to taste)
- 1 egg
- 40 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
- 130 ml milk, boiling
- 1-2 tablespoon Kirsch
- 250 g powdered sugar
- 100 g cream cheese
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped
- 10 g butter
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/350°F
- Coat 2 24-26 cm (9-10 inch) springforms (cake molds with removable border)
- Beat butter until smooth and fluffy.
- While beating slowly add the sugar.
- Now add eggs one by one. Incorporate each egg before adding the next!
- Sift together baking flour, baking powder and salt
- In a small bowl combine milk, yogurt and vanilla sugar
- Add dry ingredients and wet ingredients to the butter-egg mixture and mix until well incorporated and combined.
- Pour the batter into the two baking forms.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until trough (toothpick test).
- Remove from the oven, let cool down for a few minutes and place them on a wire rack to cool down completely
- Combine in a pot egg, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla powder.
- Add boiling milk stirring constantly.
- Heat the mixture and when it begins to thicken add Kirsch.
- Spread over the first layer of the cake
- Cover with the second layer and press lightly until the filling reaches the border. Smooth the borders with a spatula
- Melt the butter in a double boiler, add the chocolate and stir constantly until melted and well combined.
- Blend together powdered sugar and cream cheese.
- Add chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.
- Frost the cake and its borders with a spatula.