Tortilla con Espinacas – Tortilla with Spinach
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g potatoes, peeled finely sliced
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 500 g spinach, washed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 5 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F
- Coat your spingfrom (baking mold with removable border) with one tablespoon olive oil. In a bowl toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Coat the walls of the springfrom with the potatoes overlapping them lightly. Coat the bottom of the mold with remaining slices (no problem if the bottom in not completely covered. Tip: if you have problem to place the potatoes at the border you fix them with some additional slices from at the bottom. You may use more potatoes if you wish or need. You can also use some aluminum foil to keep them standing. Cook in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F until borders begins to turns lightly brown, this takes about 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in skillet and fry onion until translucent. Add spinach and cooking stirring frequently until the juices of the spinach are adsorbed/evaporated. Remove from heat place in a bowl and season with nutmeg, pepper and salt. Beat eggs lightly with a fork and add them to the spinach mixture.
- Add one third of the mixture (try to take more spinach and less egg) and place them on the bottom of the mold reduce the heat to 180°C/350°F and bake for about 10 minutes. Add the rest of the filling and bake until through for about 15 minutes.
Let cool down partially before removing the border of the springform and transfer the tortilla to a platter for serving.