During our trip in Perú we had the chance to try different variations of a fantastic cocktail called Pisco Sour in many different places and we loved it so much that we decided to bring home a bottle of Pisco and a small bottle of Angostura bitters.
During a walking tour in Arequipa we stopped by a Pisco shop and we tried varieties of Pisco. They are really quite different!
For more details read:
- 2 ounces Peruvian pisco
- 1-2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 1 once simple syrup, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon pasteurized egg white (pasteurized if you prefer)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Angostura bitters
- Cinnamon (optional)
- In a blender, combine the Pisco, lime juice and the sugar; mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Add egg white and ice cubes, blend at maximum speed until frothy.
- Pour into a glass, add two drops of bitters and a small dash of cinnamon.
- Serve immediately