Minted Muffins with Mixed Berries
More muffins for me please!
A dozen wild strawberries, 4 dozens red and black currants, 2 dozens raspberries, 1 dozen josta-berries… a dozen mint leaves… or something like this. A welcome change from the frozen fruits!
At the moment the first berries are turning ripe, still not so many but enough (250 g) to get a great a small basket full of flavors and later delicious muffins!
The combination of mint and berries enhances their taste and gives an interesting and particular note to our cute bites (5-6 cm muffin molds).
They are a perfect food sharing with your family, your friends or colleagues and in a few steps and few minutes they are ready!
Tip: using silicon mold you don’t need to use the any additional paper or grease the molds. With 5-6 cm mold you get about 12-16 muffins.
- 200 g flour
- 100 g sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- 60 ml vegetal oil
- 100 g light cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 90 ml milk
- 250 g berries, washed
- 12 mint leaves, washes and cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- In big bowls combine all ingredients except of berries and mint. Pulse or blend until smooth.
- With a spatula gently fold under the berries and the mint.
- Fill the muffin molds to half using an ice-cream scooper.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for about 20 minutes or until done (insert a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean the muffins are ready).