Mint sugar is wonderful topping for fresh fruit salads and it’s wonderful have some on hand. For this recipe you can use mint as well as peppermint!
You can preserve the sugar in air tight jars in the fridge or let it dry completely and it’s enough to preserve it tight avoiding humidity to have an impact with the quality. Fresh prepared is the best!
I used this sugar with strawberries and chocolate and made cute snacks placing them on skewers on a watermelon crust. Great for parties! Please avoid sun and heat! J
Strawberries Coated with Chocolate and Mint Sugar
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves, washed, pad dried and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 500 g strawberries
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoon coconut fat
- To prepare the minted sugar combine mint and sugar in a food processor or in an electric coffee/spice grinder. Blend until mint is finely chopped, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl.
- Spread sugar over a dish and let dry at the sun or in the lukewarm oven (60°C/140°F) for about 30 minutes or more if you want to store it. Work with the fork from time to time during drying process break the clumps.
- Wash and pat dry strawberries.
- Melt chocolate with coconut.
- Dip strawberries into melted chocolate and coat with minted sugar.
- Arrange placing them on skewers or simply on a plate