A simply homemade chili sauce that can be used as dipping sauce for appetizers or as ketchup! Amazing with any BBQ preparations as well!
Adding more chili this would be a good solution if you don’t have a sambal oelek sauce on hand and you would like some; in this case I would use this recipe and add more chilies or hot chili flakes. This fits perfectly with all wok-dishes.
Serve this in small bowls or store in the fridge in air tight containers for a few weeks.
- 2 tablespoons vegetal oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 4 chili, chopped (quantity to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, any kind or lime juice
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato concentrate or one tomato finely chopped, optional
- Heat oil in the skillet, add onion and pepper cook until tender and onion are translucent.
- Add chili and garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Add water, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and tomato paste.
- Blend well with the hand blender.
- Let simmer until thickened.