Green Avocado Sauce – Guacamole
Guacamole and it’s variations are welcome to many kind of dishes, served with tortilla chips as appetizer, served as dipping or spread sauce, as filling addition to tacos and similar or simply as addition to BBQ or grilled dishes.
The most important think to know for this recipe is that the avocado has to be ripe, not too hard but not over-ripe and turning hard.
Here a tip for how to purchase you avocado:
Green Avocado Sauce - Guacamole
- ripe avocado, mashed (I simply use a fork for this)
- jalapeno pepper, finely chopped or a few drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon onion, finely chopped ( I used a violet/red one)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Prepare all the ingredients mashing and chopping them. It’s also possible to use the food processor, but I prefer some structure, so I make this by hand.
- Combine all the listed ingredients
- Adjust the salt to taste. Keep in the refrigerator just before serving!