Do you need some finger food for a party?
This is easy to prepare and a very versatile recipe. I started with simple yogurt sauces to with, but I will make my variations to be served as starter!
I’ve prepared a great list of suggestions for you (and for me), but you can adapt it to the ingredients you have at home and prepare a great party!
Change the basic recipes as you like, you may also add color to the polenta adding grated beet roots, spinach, tomatoes concentrate or other ingredients.
Let me know what you will prepare and I may add them to the list!
Polenta Bites up to You
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red peppers, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes, or to taste
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup corn flower or finely grinded polenta flour
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Lightly oil 13×9-inch baking pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Heat in a non-sticky skillet 2 tablespoons olive oil, add garlic and red pepper. Cook until garlic is fragrant and red pepper softened.
- Add chili flakes, parmesan, corn flour and water and heat. While heating on medium heat add salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Stir using a wooden spoon or spatula and simmer until the polenta is very thick.
- Turn polenta out into prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C/350°F until golden. This takes about 30 minutes.
- Let cool down and cut into squares.
- Yogurt sauces as: mustard, coriander and cocktail sauce.
- Artichokes dip
- Cheese dip
- Any tortilla dipping sauces
- Sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese
- Anchovies and capers
- Chorizo and olives.
- Bruschetta like topping.
- Balsamic onions, roasted peppers, feta, and thyme
- Arugula and parmesan cheese
- Smoked salmon, sweet onion and dill
- Roasted vegetables
- Caramelized onions
- Tapenade and roasted cherry tomatoes
- Ricotta and walnuts
- Arugula pesto and fried mushrooms
- Brie cheese and grapes
Top, bake and serve hot (These toppings can be added to the bites and baked shortly or directly after step 6 prior cutting!)
- Mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes and oregano; broil shortly before serving
- Pear wrapped with prosciutto, bake/broil shortly before serving
- Bacon wrapped olives