Tomorrow will be Halloween night and I wanted to prepare something different again.
I don’t know how this inspiration really came, I did not want fingers again and in some way I imagined that chicken ones would be great.
I know that chicken feet are edible and in many places they are very much appreciated, but here this is something that the most can’t imagine to eat and so we are.
I prepared a quite stiff dough with flour, olive oil, water powdered sugar and baking powder.
With about 150 g of flour I got 16 feet, enough for a small family!
Crispy Sweet Chicken Feet for Halloween
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 water, approximately
- 64 pine nuts
- golden syrup to brush, or other clear syrup
- 1/4 cup red jam
- 2 tablespoons brandy, optional
- Combine all the ingredients to a stiff dough and work until smooth.
- Divide into 16 oval portions.
- Flatten little bit the portions and make cuts so that you will get 3 long and one short fingers.
- Shape the fingers stretching lightly and place a pine nut on the finger as nail. Best shape them directly on the baking tray.
- Place in a preheated and bake at 200°C/400°F until they change the color to light brown.
- Brush them immediately with a thin layer golden syrup. Let cool down.
- In a small bowl combine jam and brandy
- Arrange feet on a dish around the a small bowl with the dipping sauce