Sometimes I need a change for my coffee and I inspired from my coffee-friends I explore new possibilities.
Recently I came across turmeric drinks (golden milk) and I found I could create a coffee with this wonder spice. But this time a cold coffee something like Frappuccino. The first question is how to bring the coffee inside of this drink as I wanted something that can be prepared in advance and then quickly mixed when needed. I did not want to prepare an espresso each time and cool this down, I also did not want to dissolve each time coffee powder. The solution I found was to prepare a stock of dense sweeten coffee: coffee syrup. This can be prepared in advance and be stored in the fridge. For the milk, no problem, this can be easily frosted in just a few seconds before serving.
Ice cubes form the fridge and that’s it!
Coffee syrup (our “stock solution”)
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed espresso coffee
- 5 tablespoons instant coffee (best quality as for example Nescafe)
- 1 cup sugar (best if brown sugar)
For single golden frappuccino (for a 300 ml glass/cup)
- 1/2 cup ice-cubes
- 1/2 cup milk, cold and full fat (best if pasteurized milk)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon turmeric (to taste)
- 2-4 tablespoons coffee syrup (see above), quantity to taste
- 1 dash cinnamon, optional
For the syrup:
- in a small saucepot combine espresso, instant coffee and sugar. Heat slowly (you don’t need to boil it!) and stir until sugar and coffee are dissolved. Set aside and cool down. Fill in a small bottle and store it in the fridge.
For single golden frappuccino
- Fill ice cubes in the glass.
- Place 1/2 cup milk in a jar or at least 1 cup (200 ml) volume and shake well for about 30 seconds until a thick foam is formed. Pour over ice cubes.
- Place 1/2 cup milk in a jar together with the turmeric. Shake as you did for the first part and pour into the glass again.
- Finally spoon the coffee syrup over the foam and top with a dash of cinnamon.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can also simply combine 1 cup of milk with the turmeric instead of diving into two portions! I did it for the nicer look!
You can also prepare coffee syrup for one or two persons combining one shot of espresso with the quantity of sugar you like! If you need add some coffee powder, stir until sugar is dissolved.
Do you know the health benefits of turmeric? http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/8-impressive-health-benefits-turmeric/