Philippines is an Asian country with strong Latin influences. An example of this phenomenon is this salsa. No special ingredients like Thai fish sauce, soy sauce and other Asian condiments are needed, this preparation is based simply on fresh ingredients!
You can use this as side to fish, meat and even to grilled meat. Simply delicious!
Philippines Pineapple Salsa
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple (peeled and cored)
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped (if possible red or other sweet kinds)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced (or other kind of pepper you like)
- 2-4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional (I did not need it!)
- Prepare the pineapple and all the ingredients.
- In a serving bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Note: If you want to prepare add all the ingredients except the salt. Just before serving add the salt and toss.