Papaya is a common fruit served on breakfast buffets in Thailand. Usually you will find some lime slices as well because papaya fits wonderful with lime juice and the sweetness is well balanced by the tangy and aroma of the lime.
This breakfast inspired me to serve papaya and lime in a new way. It was really amazing and much better than I’ve imagined!
- 1 medium papaya
Sorbet (or enough readymade lime sorbet):
- 8-12 limes, juiice
- 1 lime, grated zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar, to taste
- 2 cups ice cubes, quantity to adjust
- 8 lime slices
- 8 mint springs, optional
- First of all prepare your sorbet (if not using the readymade quality): place lime juice grated zest and powdered sugar in the blender. Pulse until smooth. Now add ice cubes one by one pulsing after adding each ice cube. Continue until you get a soft but not runny sorbet. Transfer to a container and place in the freezer immediately.
- Wash the papaya, cut lengthways into quarters. Remove seed and part of the pulp (eat the pulpJ) in order to form a small hole in the papaya.
- Place each quarter of papaya on a single plate, spoon the sorbet into the hole.
- Garnish with lime slices and mint springs.
- Serve immediately
Suggestion: add some chopped mint leaves when you prepare the sorbet!