Grandma’s Orange and Almonds Cake
Mom loves to prepare and serve us and our children this cake when we visit her. It’s really a simple cake, you don’t need a lot ingredients and the taste is divine. Viva la nonna!
Grandma's Orange and Almonds Cake
- 3 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 50 g flour
- 150 g almonds, ground
- 1 ½ oranges, juice
- 1 oranges, peel thinly sliced
- ½ oranges, juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar, additional for topping
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F and prepare (grease and dust with flour) a 24 cm /10 inch springform.
- Peel one orange (only orange part) with a knife. Cut peel in thin slices and place in a small pot with juice of 1/2 orange.
- Beat to hard peeks the egg whites. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until creamy.
- Incorporate the juice of 1 1/2 oranges, flour and almond ground.
- Gently incorporate beaten egg whites.
- Poor in the prepared springform and bake about 50-60 minutes or until through.
- In the meanwhile bring to boil orange peel with the 1/2 orange juice, water and additional sugar.
- Simmer slowly until reduced to half volume.
- When cake is ready remove from oven pinch tooth stick and spoon topping over it.
- Let cool down and serve.
Ww 14 smart points per roll