Ground meat is a very versatile and cheap ingredient which offers you so many ways to prepare meatballs.
Perhaps meatballs are not one of the cutest dish to serve, but this preparation looks really gorgeous and it’s so good!
What makes this recipe so special is are not only the added potatoes and tomatoes, the lemony tahini sauce is super delicious and irresistible!
A great dish to be served with pita bread and to be shared with your friends!
Meatballs in Tahini Sauce
- 300 g ground beef or lamb (best if mixed)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped or finely diced (optional)
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch allspice powder
- 1 pinch cardamom ground
- 1 pinch cloves powder
- Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
Tahini sauce and veggies
- 200 g tomatoes, sliced
- 200 g potatoes, peeled sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 3/4 cup water
- Salt, pepper and ground cumin to taste
- Sesame seed to sprinkle (optional)
- Fry the potatoes with some olive oils in a non-sticky skillet until they begin to brown
- In the meantime combine in a big bowls all the ingredients for the meatballs. Work well with your hands (or with a food processor) to combine.
- Shape the meatballs (diameter of about 4 cm), and arrange them in a baking dish.
- Arrange the tomatoes and around the meatballs and the prepared potatoes
- In a small bowl combine tahini, lemon juice, water, lemon juice and spices. To dissolve the tahini it’s easier if you microwave the mixture for 30-40 seconds. This will also make the sauce thicker.
- Pour the tahini sauce over the meatballs, tomatoes and potatoes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for around 30-45 minutes or until the meatballs and potatoes are well done and it begins to brown.
Ww 22 smart points per portion (calculated as 3 portions in total)