Comforting and tasty soup, easy to prepare and to adjust to your taste.
Roasting the veggies makes a big difference and the flavor will be improved.
You may change the spices and herbs to taste, you may also use pumpkin instead of carrots and why not perhaps beet roots, tomatoes and red peppers!
For an Asian taste you may replace the broth with a mixture of water, coconut milk and light soy sauce.
Create your own soup and enjoy!
Roasted Carrot Soup with Ginger and Nutmeg
- 600 g carrots, cleaned and diced in big pieces
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups broth, any kind (quantity to taste, it depends how thick you like)
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled grated
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ground, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onion, sliced (alternative: fresh cilantro or parsley)
- Place carrots, potato and onions in a baking mold, toss with olive oil and bake at 220°C until veggies turn soft and roasted.
- Transfer the veggies in a big pot, bot reserve some for the topping
- Add garlic, broth, ginger and nutmeg.
- Blend with your hand blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil.
- In the meantime slice the reserved veggies.
- Serve topped with the sliced veggies and green onion.
Ww 7 smart points per portion (calculated as 4 portions in total)