Cardamom is one of my favorite spices, especially for sweet preparation; but in curries as well this is really amazing!
These cookies are very easy to be prepared, you can use cinnamon instead of cardamom if you prefer or if you have only this on hand. These cookies are perfect to be prepared with children as they may decorate as they love. You may also make more glaze, add food coloring, and let them play.
A good basic recipe perfect to be adapted!
Cherry and Almond Flower Cookies
- 250 g butter or margarine
- 150 g brown sugar
- 150 g caster sugar
- 10 green cardamom, only grinded seeds (or 1/2-1 teaspoon cardamom ground)
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 g almonds ground
- 360-400 g all-purpose flour ( about 400 g flour if using margarine)
- about 100 g bleached almonds halved or slivered
- about 50 g candied cherries, halved
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- With the food processor work butter, sugars, cardamom, eggs, salt and almonds ground.
- Add flour in portions until you get a smooth and not too sticky dough.
- Place the dough on a foil, form a rectangle, wrap it and let it rest in the fridge for about one hour.
- Place the dough on a well-floured surface. Dust with flour and roll out to a thickness of about 6 mm. Cut out with a “clover” shaped cookies cutter of about 5 cm.
- Place the pieces on a tray with parchment foil. Assemble the remaining dough and cut out again. Repeat until you finish the dough.
- Decorate pressing the candied cherries and the almonds on the clovers.
- Make a glaze with the powdered sugar and drizzle to decorate.
Ww 4 smart points per cookie (calculated as 60 cookies in total)