A great way to prepare Christmas gifts for friends and colleagues! A last minute surprise!
If you don’t have molds, you may prepare this on a tray covered with baking papers. Break in pieces only when hardened.
- Silicone molds as for financier or other small molds
- Chocolate almost any kind which melts well
- flavors (oils bitter almonds, orange, rum ….)
- grounded spices (cinnamon, chili, cardamom, ginger powder, nutmeg)
- candied fruits (cherries, oranges, lemons, ginger…)
- dried fruits and berries
- chopped or whole nuts (best if previously roasted) as almonds, pecan, walnuts, pistachio, peanuts…
- red pepper, optional as topping
- sugar pearls
- Melt the chocolate (I melt about 200 g for each batch) in a water bath until creamy.
- If you wish add some grounded spices to taste and stir well.
- Pour the melted chocolate in the molds.
- Top immediately with nuts, candied fruits, sugar pearls, red pepper.
- Shake gently the mold to level the content.
- Place in a chilled place (fridge or in winter on the balcony) for about two hours until completely hardened.