Do you need a special touch for your Valentine’s Day dinner?
These very versatile crackers, can be used as decoration for your tables, can make a great addition to soups, as base for appetizers and are great if served with a red spread or tempting salsa!
The great thing is this recipe is that you don’t need a lot of ingredients, and you can adjust it to taste!
Suggestions: add other spices/herbs/garlic powder or other additions to the dough, top with seeds, brush with oil.
Valentine’s Day Crackers
You need (for about a dozen of 3 cm wide pieces):
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 2 pinches of salt
- Water (about 2 tablespoons)
- Place all the ingredients in a bowls and stir to combine with a fork or even simply with a spoon.
- Add water spoon by spoon until the dough comes together but it is not to wet. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Knead shortly with your hands and transfer it to a floured surface.
- Roll out the dough to 2 mm thick and cut out the hearts and place them on a baking sheet (I use foil). Assemble the rest of the dough and repeat until dough is finished.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / 425°F.
- Pinch the crackers with a fork and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Bake at 220°C / 425°F for about 15-20 minutes until the borders begin to turn golden brown.
- Transfer immediately on a wire rack to dry and cool down.
- If they are not dry enough place them shortly in the still lukewarm oven.