Crazy for ravioli? How many times we bought from the store „Ravioli ai Porcini“ and how many times we realize that they are not really tasty as they should be.
Here is the alternative: prepare these yourself for special events it’s fun, economic and the result is much better that whatever you can buy!
Don’t wait and try this recipe:
Ravioli ai Porcini – Ravioli with Mushrooms
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- About 3-4 tablespoon water
- 2-4 tablespoons dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/3 cup broth, warm
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 150 g canned mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons ricotta (alternative cream cheese or cottage cheese)
- Dried rosemary powder, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, dark or light soy sauce, to taste
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese with black pepper, more if desired
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- Salt if needed
- 3 liters salted water, boiling
- 2 tablespoons vegetal
- Combine the ingredients for the dough in the food processor with half of the water. Pulse and more water an elastic and not to wet dough is formed. Remove from the food processor and wrap in foil.
- Place the porcini in the broth to rehydrate (soak).
- In a skillet fry the onion in the oil until soft and translucent.
- Add canned mushrooms and fry until the borders of the mushrooms turn light brown. Reserve a few beautiful pieces for decoration.
- Remove the porcini form the broth and chop them. Now add them with the soaking broth to the skillet. Cook until liquid is adsorbed.
- Place to cool down
- In the meantime roll out the dough on a floured to a thin sheet and cut out the shapes you with. For Valentine’s Day hearths are cute!
- Add cream cheese to the filling and season with rosemary, pepper and salt to taste.
- Place the filling over the first shape, Place some filling over this and cover with another shape and press well the borders. Transfer the ravioli to a towel dusted with flour.
- Proceed until all the ingredients are finished. Remaining filling or dough can be frozen and used for example for a soup.
- Heat salted water, add some oil sot that the ravioli don’t stick while cooking.
- Place the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and heat this in the microwave, stir and the sauce is ready! J (or perform this in a small saucepan).
- Cook ravioli in the salted water with oil. This will require only a few minutes!
- Serve this with the sauce and reserved mushrooms!