Almost one year ago, I thought I should try to prepare these cute, decorative and elegant pearls, which would give a special taste and wonderful look to many salads as well as dishes.
The balls in the pictures where made with white balsamic vinegar which I infused with basil.
You can use any vinegar, with different taste; if you want, you may also buy a ready-made infused vinegar. To preserve the ball, place them in small jars covered with more of liquid, which you used to produce them.
If you want to produce more drops, work with placing the container of the oil an iced bath!
Finally, I did it and it was easy!
Balsamic Vinegar Pearls
- 100 ml balsamic vinegar (any colours, infused if you like)
- 5 agar
- 1 cup of oil
- First, place the oil in a high container in the freezer. The container should be high enough, as you will drop the vinegar in it! A jar of about 400 ml is perfect.
- Place the vinegar in a small sauce pot, add the agar and stir well
- Heat the vinegar mixture stirring constantly.
- As soon it comes to boil, remove from the heat and let cool down a little bit ( to about 75°C).
- Drop the vinegar using a syringe or other dropper into the oil. I tried to produce drops of the same size and I found out that it works better if I let drop them from about 20 height; let them drop moving the syringe over the all surface of the oil.
- When you have finish to drop, sieve the pearls from the oil (you may use the oil for another lot) and then gently rinse under current water.
- Use for decorating salads, starters and even desserts.