This is he cake I was looking for, as I needed a cake, which include a lot of apples and as less as possible flour and fats! It is not my creation I found it on Eryn’s blog (http://erynfollecuisine.canalblog.com/archives/2008/02/06/7847617.html) and I adapted it to my ingredients.
The result is awesome: juicy, tender, fresh and melting in the mouth!
This recipe could be regarded as basic recipe (my recipe is already a variation on the Eryn’s one); you may add cinnamon, cardamom, grated lemon peel, nutmeg, brandy, amaretto or what you wish! Have fun and enjoy this delicious healthy cake.
In the original recipe it was suggested to add 100 mL water, but I omitted this as I wanted to be sure that the cake would set enough.
Almost only Apples Cake
- 6 apples (alternative 4 apples and 2 pears)
- 70 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 70 g sugar
- 20 g melted butter
- Powdered sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Butter and dust with flour a 24 cm (about 9 inch) round mold.
- Peel apples (and pears if used) and place them in a bowl with water (I add some salt in order to prevent oxidation).
- Combine in a bow: flour, baking powder (sifted), vanilla sugar and salt.
- In another bowl beat egg and sugar until foamy and very soft. Add the butter and mix shortly.
- Fold the flour mix under the egg mix.
- If you used also pears, divide the batter into both bowls: 1/3 for the pears and 2/3 for the apples-
- Remove the core of the fruit and slice them into very thin slices.
- Place the apples (and the pears if used) in the corresponding bowl of batter and stir to coat them well.
- Place the apple mixture in the prepared mold and level them with a spatula. If you used also the pears, layer the batter with the pears over the apple layer, level again with the spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C for about 40 minutes until golden and set.
- Let cool partially and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve lukewarm and cold.