We prepared this recipe by Papa D for the first time long time ago during for our annual cooking games (for South Afrika).
This easy, quick and simple recip turned very popular in my family, because it is well balanced in flavours, the red onion gives a special touch and it looks always beautiful.
Green Bean Salad with Red Onion and Olives
- 250 g green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced (alternative white sweet onion)
- 1/2 cup olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil bean in salted water until just tender.
- In the meanwhile, in a small bowl prepare the other ingredients.
- Drain bean, add the other ingredients, season with salt and pepper, stir and cover immediately.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the beans in a serving bowl.