Parwin suggested this versatile recipe for a “Stay at Home recipe exchange” game. This came out so delicious, that I thought it would be a good idea to share this for our friends.
As the recipe does not specify the ingredients, your are really free to use what you have on hand and make a delicious meal for you family.
Below I will give you the recipe and here my choices.
- Dough: home made with sourdough
- Pesto: red and green pesto Genovese
- Vegetables: red peppers and defrosted green tomatoes form the garden (picked in fall as we removed the plants form the vegetable garden), sliced red onion
- Seeds: pine nuts, pumpkin, chopped roasted pistachio
- Herbs: parsley, basil and oregano
- Salt: Basil salt
Vegetable Tart with Seeds
- Dough: readymade or self-made (any kind, but not sweet)
- Pesto (any kind)
- Vegetables, sliced or in small pieces, fresh or defrosted
- Seeds as pumpkin, sesame, almonds, pine nuts (any kid)
- Fresh herbs as parsley, oregano, thyme or basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the dough on you baking try.
- Spread the pesto over the dough.
- Add vegetables.
- Top with seed.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake about 25 min at 180°C or as needed (time depends on the dough and the toppings); you may also bake it at higher temperatures, but simply check when the bottom is ready
- Remove from the oven and serve with fresh herbs.
- Place salt and pepper on the table.