Christmas time is approaching the inspiration to decorate is growing.
Looking at beautiful cakes and sweet I found I need almond paste to make my experiments. The almond paste from the shop near my house sells delicious almond paste which is perfect for baking but not really for modeling. New project: an almond paste deer!
The easiest and best solution was preparing this myself: no oil adding better only egg white as this will dry and my creations will keep their shape easily and it’s not sticky to our hands!
- 200 g almonds, unpeeled
- 200-250 g powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- A few drops bitter almond aroma (optional)
- Bring 500 ml water to boil add your almonds and wait 2 minutes.
- Remove 3/4 of the hot water and cover the almond with cold water.
- Remove the skin of the almonds squeezing the almond out of the peel.
- Place the almonds on a towel and rub until dry.
- Place almonds in a food processor grinding them very fine.
- Add 200 sugar and grind again until well combined
- Add egg white and bitter almond aroma.
- Pulse until assembled, check if it is not sticky. If needed add more powdered sugar and pulse again.
- Remover from the food processor, form a ball and wrap in plastic foil.
- Your almond paste is ready to be used.