We tried these simply and delicious dish on Tenerife as we escaped the European winter for a few days.
Originally these peppers had been imported from America and now they are very much appreciated in Spain and all over the world. For this recipe you should use small green peppers (called pimientos de Padrón) each one just one bite!
Traditionally these peppers should be fried, after this some salt (with “sal Maldon“) is added and they are served immediately. In this version we will toss them with little olive oil and bake them in the oven.
These are usually served as appetizer, but as side dish works very well for us.
Pimientos de Padrón al Horno – Oven Baked Peppers from Tenerife
- 250 g small green peppers (pimientos de Padrón)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- coarsely salt (sal Maldon), to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash peppers, pat dry and add oil and pepper.
- Toss with your hands to coat them.
- Transfer to baking mold (if possible in only one layer).
- Sprinkle with salt (you can also add the salt after baking) and bake them until lightly roasted for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!